Sonic Balancing and Attunement
with Anne Huxtable
6th February 2015 - 8th February 2015
6th February 2015, Friday
7.30 p.m. - 8.30 p.m. - Free Intro Talk and
8.45 p.m. - 9.30 p.m. - Full 45 Minutes Sonic Balancing Session
What is Sonic Balancing?
Sonic Balancing is a vibrational massage and exercise for every cell and organ in your body to promote health. Come on a 40 minute sound journey with Anne Huxtable and her beautiful singing bowls, chimes, xylophone and voice to resonate your whole body into wellness. The sounds will lead you into blissful states of relaxation. Participants lie down (please bring a mat) while healing sounds are played and sung around them.
Imagine entering a state of trance bliss - your heart rate, respiration, blood pressure, brainwaves and stress hormone levels decrease, allowing the body to heal both physically and emotionally. Doorways to altered states of consciousness open where you can receive insight and inspiration from your Higher Self.
To ensure comfort, you may wish to bring pillows as well as a mat or blanket for lying on the floor.
Healing Power of Your Own Voice - Part 1
6th February 2015, Saturday
10.00 a.m. - 1.00 p.m.
Your own voice is the most powerful sound healing instrument there is. But many people have blockages and re-sistance in their throats that stop them from fully expressing themselves and using this powerful self-healing tool.
In our childhood we are often punished or discouraged from speaking our minds and fully expressing ourselves, so we learn to close down the throat. All those unsaid words can result in:
- Jaw tension and teeth grinding
- Eye problems
- Neck and shoulder pain
- Constriction in the throat
- Pent up anger or grief that can affect many body systems (digestion, heart, etc.)
In this half-day workshop you will:
- Learn techniques to free up your voice and tightness in your throat
- Release fear of speaking your truth and expressing yourself.
- Use your voice for self-healing (toning, chanting) (You do not need to know how to sing to do this.)
- Use the voice to release physical and emotional pain.
- An introduction to harmonic overtone chanting.
- Use the voice to energise or to relax the body and mind.
Healing Power of Your Own Voice - Part 2
6th February 2015, Saturday
2.00 p.m. - 5.00 p.m.
In Part 2, the second half-day workshop, participants will learn how to use some of those skills learned in Part 1, to heal others with their voice.
I will teach two techniques:
1. Learning to do a voice scan of the person's energy field, to detect energy imbalances and stuck energy. Once those areas have been identified, tones are intuitively sung into the areas that need healing.
2. Asking a client to let their problem area (pain, injury, disease, etc.) make a sound to express how it feels. Once the practitioner hears the sound, they intuitively answer/respond with a healing sound.
Participants will then be asked to practice these techniques on each other.
Movie Sharing - Songs of the New Earth
by Tom Kenyon
7th February 2015, Sunday
5.00 p.m. -6.00 p.m.
Abundance Exchange: RM30
Come and spend your weekend with us by watching a movie by Tom Kenyon as Seattle filmmaker Ward Serrill (The Heart of the Game, Miramax) follows Tom Kenyon around the world, finding ways how to integrate modern science and ancient mysticism through sound.
It features the extraordinary life and work of country singer turned brain scientist and shaman of sound, Tom Kenyon, as he journeys from his homeland of Orcas island to the stage on Broadway, giant caves in the south of France, the golden-chandeliered symphony halls of Vienna and finally to the snowy peaks of Tibet. All along the way the film weaves in surreal events of this eccentric musician's life story and his struggle to reconcile unexplained paranormal experiences with his scientific understanding of reality as he explores his nearly four-octave range voice that has earned him a world-wide following.
with Anne Huxtable - by Appointment
RM250 - 60 to 80 minutes
Sonic Balancing Session
A private sound healing session is specifically tailored to each individual. It starts with a voice scan of the client's energy field around the body to detect energy imbalances and stuck energy. Then, a variety of sound healing tools are employed to restore balance and energy flow to the body. These tools include:
- Voice (toning)
- Energy chimes, placed on the body to balance energy centres/chakras
- Tuning forks that can work on physical problems, acupuncture points and meridians, or the aura/etheric field around the body.
- Zen bowls, small brass bowls that are placed on the body. Very effective at breaking up stuck energy.
- Crystal singing bowls. These are alchemy crystal bowls, each with a different crystal fused to the clear quartz, increasing the potency of the sound vibrations. Crystal bowls are masters at leading people into altered, higher states of consciousness, where doorways can open to receive insight from their higher selves and guides.
The sessions can focus on physical issues (pain, tightness, injuries, disease) and also emotional issues including anxiety, depression, stress, and sleep problems. They can help to quieten the busy mind and allow the body's self-healing mechanism and immune systems to be activated. They can also help clients gain insight into their life's purpose or give clarity regarding a new direction to take.
Sometimes, as needed, Anne draws on her extensive experience in other healing modalities and incorporates stress management techniques, or some energy psychology including EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique or Tapping) and Emotion Code (a biofeedback technique that tunes into your sub-conscious mind to enable stuck emotions to be identified and released). These therapies, combined with sound, can lead to profound shifts, both physically and emotionally.
About Anne Huxtable
Anne's interest in music goes back to her childhood. She studied piano as a child and was a member of choirs and a cappella groups from a young age. She played flute and saxophone in a rock band in her teens and played keyboards and flute and sang in a duo at restaurants and weddings.
Her interest in complementary therapies also goes back a long way. She studied massage and reflexology 30 years ago, and later, Reiki and energy psychology techniques that look at the link between the mind/emotions and physical health. These included Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) and Emotion Code.
It was only as recently as 4 years ago that Anne first discovered sound as a therapy, when she attended her first Crystal Singing Bowl performance and fell in love with the deeply relaxing, mind-altering sounds of the bowls. Here was a way to combine her two hobbies into one. Shortly after, she studied an introductory course of sound therapy in Australia and began her large collection of sound healing tools.
Her day jobs have included working in a research laboratory, teaching secondary school mathematics and most recently, managing a distribution business in Ipoh, but her passion has long been in the field of healing.
Deciding to quit her corporate job and focus on Sound Therapy, she travelled to the US and trained at the Globe Sound and Consciousness Institute in San Francisco to become a certified Sound Therapist and Sound Healer. She also studied overtone singing (also known as polyphonic or harmonic toning) with Dean Frenkel in Australia. She is based in Ipoh but also spends time in KL, Penang, Singapore, Australia and the US where she conducts workshops, group sound healing sessions and private sessions with clients.