~ Kindermusik ABC Music & Me ~
Kindermusik ABC Music & Me
Age: Walkers - 3+ years old
10.00 a.m. - 11.00 a.m.
Class Duration: 45 minutes
Class Size: Class with no more than 12 children with parents
Abundance Exchange: RM280 for 8 sessions
Kindermusik ABC Music & Me - Music and early childhood are such a natural pair. What a perfect time to catch a child's innate love of music, pair it with educational activities, and build a foundation for lifetime learning. ABC Music & Me is a literacy-rich music curriculum that celebrates the importance of music, introduces music's basic "language" in developmentally appropriate ways, and nurtures those rhythmic, pattern-loving, musical seeds that are so naturally planted in a child's brain.
- Early musical experiences are proven to advance memory, attention, and brain development, and have shown positive outcomes for the learning of early mathematics skills.
- Combining music with movement creates new learning pathways in the brain while also enhancing motor skills and physical development.
- Group learning helps students develop social skills such as cooperation and turn-taking. Gathering in a group to sing and learn is a positive way to lower inhibitions, build self-esteem, and foster a sense of inclusion.
- Music is uniquely suited to engage the parents and family members of young children, allowing them to extend learning beyond the classroom. Parents are also encouraged to support important learning with the take-home materials in ABC Music & Me.
- New unit each month- Every new unit is an all-new theme filled with delightfully engaging, developmentally appropriate activities that aspire a lifelong love of music and lay a strong early foundation for learning. A home kit is included for each unit.
About Alicia Tan
Alicia Tan is originally from the tropical island of Penang in West Malaysia. She graduated from the University of Melbourne and is a licensed Kindermusik educator. She has lived and worked in Australia for six years and in China for three years.
As the busy mother of an active two year old, Alicia soon realized that there was a lack of resources and support for mothers in the local community, unlike Australia where a new mom was assigned to neighborhood support groups/playgroups. Knowing first-hand the challenges of being new to a country as well as being a stay-at-home mom, Alicia hopes to build a community of mothers in Penang who can provide support to one another and build lasting friendships.
Alicia hopes to spread her enthusiasm for making learning fun to other parents and children through her Kindermusik and toddler ballet classes. She has a Grade 8 piano certification from the Royal School of Music and Grade 7 certification from the Royal Ballet School. Her creativity and love for music and dance make her classes fun for both parents and children.
During Alicia's free time, which is when her baby takes a three hour nap, she likes working on DIY arts and crafts projects including making cool handmade toys for her daughter to play with. On weekends, she and her family will explore new places to go, especially family-friendly restaurants for an early brunch or dinner.
Alicia blogs about all things fun for parents and children at www.eatplaylovewithalicia.blog.com